Volunteer: Boise Ronald McDonald House
- Contributing to our fundraiser to purchase groceries, cleaning supplies, and meals for families
- Donating gifts cards to local restaurants so we can order meals for families (Browse through Boise restaurants here)
- Sponsoring a meal from a local restaurant and having it delivered to the House (please coordinate this with Micaela)
- Purchasing items from our Amazon wish list
For questions, please contact Micaela at 208-336-5478 or email@example.com.
Volunteers are a crucial part of helping Ronald McDonald House Charities of Idaho keep families together. Every year, volunteers provide over 10,000 hours of service for the House. You can volunteer with your family, co-workers, or friends with most shifts lasting about two hours. As a volunteer, you may choose to prepare a meal, bake treats, tend to the yard, work a fundraising event, or help with projects around the House to keep it clean and comfortable. There is sure to be a project that you will enjoy, plus you’ll be helping us support families with sick children.
It’s easy to sign up for a volunteer shift through our VolunteerLocal online calendar. Simply follow the steps below:
- Submit an online registration form for each person interested in volunteering (volunteers only need to register once)
- **Unsure if you’re already registered or what email address you used? If you think you might have already registered please use this self-check link prior to completing an additional registration. This link will let you know if your email is in our system or not.
- You can also reach out to Micaela at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about your registration
- When registering, you can use the same email address for all family members, allowing your accounts to be linked
- After filling out the registration form, you will receive a confirmation email
- Once registered, you can sign up for volunteer shifts through the baking, meal preparation, House projects, and fundraising events calendars below. Volunteer opportunities are listed through December 2020
- Please email our Volunteer Coordinator, Micaela de Loyola-Carkin, with any questions
Volunteer Tour and Training
**All tours of the House have been cancelled through the end of April. Please check back regularly for updates**
Ongoing Volunteer Opportunities
Food from the Heart
A home-cooked meal or baked good goes a long way in helping to make the Idaho Ronald McDonald House a comfortable place to stay.
For meal preparation or baking groups of 2 to 6 people, please note that all shifts close after one person has signed up for the shift. This ensures that other people outside your group will not sign up for your shift. If you have others joining you, please email our Volunteer Coordinator, Micaela. She will send you a password to share with your group so they can also sign up for the shift.
For meal preparation or baking groups of 7 or more people, please contact Micaela at email@example.com or 208-336-5478 before signing up for any shifts.
We strive to keep the Ronald McDonald House clean, organized, and welcoming, but we would not be able to do this without volunteers. As a House projects volunteer, you might sweep the patios, sanitize the playroom toys, wipe out kitchen drawers, or put away a donation.
For House projects groups of 2 to 4 people, please note that all shifts close after one person has signed up for the shift. This ensures that other people outside your group will not sign up for your shift. If you have others joining you, please email our Volunteer Coordinator. She will send you a password to share with your group so they can also sign up for the shift.
For House projects of 5 or more people, please contact Micaela at firstname.lastname@example.org or 208-336-5478 before signing up for any shifts.
Large Volunteer Groups
If you have a group of 7 or more people for meal preparation or baking volunteer shifts or a group of 5 or more people for House projects volunteer shifts, please contact email@example.com or 208-336-5478 before signing up for any shifts.
Our CORE volunteers are volunteers who make a long-term commitment to volunteer two to four times a month at a regular shift. CORE volunteers will often work the front desk, run our Happy Wheels Hospitality Carts, or come in regularly to bake/prepare meals. If you’re interested in becoming a CORE volunteer for the Ronald McDonald House, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator Micaela de Loyola-Carkin at firstname.lastname@example.org or 208-336-5478.
Event Volunteer Opportunities
Our three major fundraisers are the Western States CAT-Ronald McDonald House Charities of Idaho Sporting Clays Tournament, J.R. Simplot Memorial Golf Tournament benefiting Ronald McDonald House Charities of Idaho, and the brand new Red Shoe Shindig! Volunteers play an important role in the success of these events.
Western States CAT/Ronald McDonald House Charities of Idaho Sporting Clays Tournament
May 29 and 30, 2020. Stay tuned for more information.
Sporting Clays is a clay target game designed to simulate field shooting. On the Sporting Clays course, shooters will be presented with a variety of targets that duplicate the flight path of game birds.
Our goal is to provide an enjoyable event for everyone who participates. All proceeds from this event through sponsorships, donations, side games, and the silent auction are used locally to support Ronald McDonald House Charities of Idaho programs.
J.R. Simplot Memorial Golf Tournament
September 16, 2020. Stay tuned for more information.
The J.R. Simplot Memorial Golf Tournament is a one-day four-person scramble. In addition to the challenge of this beautiful course, there will be contests on the holes to make the round exciting and fun for all skill levels.
There are several volunteer opportunities available with time commitments from two to six hours.
Other Ways to Help
Provide meals for families
Ensuring families are well fed is a huge part of what we do at the Idaho Ronald McDonald House. In order to provide meals for families at the House, we rely on support from the community.
You can help us ensure families are nourished by sending meals to the House. You can order from local restaurants or even provide gift cards. For more information, call the House at 208-336-5478 or email Micaela de Loyola-Carkin, Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com.
Even if you don’t live in Boise or just can’t make it to the House, there are still ways you can help support Ronald McDonald House Charities of Idaho and the families we serve.
- Knit hats, scarves or blankets for babies, kids, and adults – a variety of sizes and colors are great
- Make homemade cards – thank you, happy birthday, and blank note cards with an envelope included
- Collect pop tabs and drop them off at a local recycling center and ask the proceeds to be put on the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Idaho account
- Organize a wish list, welcome bag, toy, or Happy Wheels Cart drive
- Purchase items from one of our Amazon wish lists and have it shipped to the House
We have a variety of opportunities throughout the year for Eagle Scouts to complete their Volunteer Service designation. If the Eagle Scout has a project in mind or would like to discuss different opportunities available please contact Micaela de Loyola-Carkin, Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or (208) 336-5478.