Volunteers provide an essential layer of support to the House, from helping keep things tidy and clean, helping at events, preparing and serving meals, to baking goodies for families. Thank you for your interest in helping support the House!
Food From The Heart
Families can have something ready to eat so they’re able to focus on what their kids need. All food must be prepared in our House or in a commercial kitchen.
Baking shifts are available daily, 10am-12pm OR 1-3pm. Make a delicious treat such as brownies, cupcakes, muffins, tarts, quickbreads, no-bake cookies, or rice krispy treats.
Lunch shifts are available on weekends, 10am-12pm. Soup and sandwiches, enchilada bake, brunch, pizza, etc. Families love to have something easy waiting for them so they can get right back to their kids.
Dinner shifts are available daily, 3-6pm. Pasta dinners, casseroles, taco bar, salad bar, baked potato bar, soup, burgers and fries, etc. We love to have variety!
Help Around The House
In just two hours you can help us keep our space clean, tidy and welcoming for families. The needs of the day may include sanitizing, organizing, sweeping, or restocking. Shifts are available daily, 1-3pm OR 6-8pm.
These projects can be done from home, offering great flexibility and no prerequisites. We have a variety of projects that allow you to find the right one for you!
- Decorate note cards with jokes, artwork, or encouraging messages to brighten the days of our families.
- Host an online wish list drive. Raise awareness of our mission and let people know we have a monthly wish list. Spend some time reading our website and pick out facts that are interesting to you about how we serve families, and tell your family and friends about what you’ve learned via social media. Link to our wish list so they can decide if they would like to purchase something.
- Sew blankets, taggies, or pillowcases.
- Sew facemasks in a variety of sizes and fabrics.
- Host a pop tab collection effort: Pop tab recycling funds allow us to purchase perishable items such as eggs, milk, and yogurt to have for our guest families. You can help us by collecting pop tabs from family, friends, schools, neighborhoods, and workplaces. Take a look at our recycling page for more details and for information to share so others know what a difference they’re making!