Idaho Falls, ID
Food From The Heart
Families can have something ready to eat so they’re able to focus on what their kids need. All food must be prepared in our Family Room or in a commercial kitchen.
Baking shifts are available daily, 1- 3pm OR 6-8pm. Make a delicious treat such as brownies, cupcakes, muffins, tarts, quickbreads, no-bake cookies, or rice krispy treats.
Lunch shifts are available on daily, 10am-12pm. Soup and sandwiches, enchilada bake, brunch, pizza, etc. Families love to have something easy waiting for them so they can get right back to their kids.
Dinner shifts are available on weekends, 3-5pm. Pasta dinners, casseroles, taco bar, salad bar, baked potato bar, soup, burgers and fries, etc. We love to have variety!
Help Around The Family Room
In just two hours you can help us keep our space clean, tidy and welcoming for families. The needs of the day may include sanitizing, organizing, sweeping, or restocking. Shifts are available daily, 1-3pm.
These projects can be done from home, offering great flexibility and no prerequisites. We have a variety of projects that allow you to find the right one for you!
- Valentines for Families: Provide 5 boxes of chocolates and valentines (please sign the valentines with your first name) and deliver to the Family Room by Tuesday, February 8th.
- Sew blankets, taggies, or pillowcases.
- Decorate a strip of paper that can be wrapped around a drink. Decor could be artwork, a message of support, or a fun joke!
- Make or buy drawstring bags. We’ll fill them with hygiene items to give to our overnight guests.
- Make or buy cute & comfy pajama sets for our guest families. We give them out as-needed to both adults and kids.
- Host a pop tab collection effort: Pop tab recycling funds allow us to purchase perishable items such as eggs, milk, and yogurt to have for our guest families. You can help us by collecting pop tabs from family, friends, schools, neighborhoods, and workplaces. Take a look at our recycling page for more details and for information to share so others know what a difference they’re making!