Idaho Ronald McDonald House
The Idaho Ronald McDonald House serves families with a seriously ill or injured child being treated at a Boise area medical facility. Here you will find not only a comfortable place to stay while in the Boise area, but you will find support, care, understanding and compassion from staff, volunteers and other families staying at the House.
Requesting a Room/How to Stay
To be eligible to stay at the Idaho Ronald McDonald House, families must meet the following criteria:
- Be a parent or legal guardian who has a child 18 years of age or younger receiving treatment at a Boise medical facility
- Reside outside of Ada County, Idaho
- Have a social worker or physician start the referral process to stay
The Idaho Ronald McDonald House is unable to take reservations because we never know how long a child may need to hospitalized. Because of this, when a referral is made by a social worker or physician, families are placed on a “wait list” for the date they are expected to arrive. Once placed on the “wait list” families will need to contact the Idaho Ronald McDonald House the day before they plan to arrive to check room availability.
- We are unable to take reservations because we never know how long a child may need to be hospitalized
- Check-in must be prior to 8:30 pm
- One room per patient with a maximum of 4 adults per room
- No smoking allowed in the House
- Children under 18 must be supervised by their parents at all times
- Families must follow general House rules
- Families must be respectful and tolerant of other families who are equally concerned about the well-being of their own children
- We request $10 per night, however no family is ever turned away if they are unable to pay!