Ronald McDonald Family Room
inside the walls of Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center
**Coronavirus and other infectious diseases**
Updated August 16, 2020. We are monitoring this situation and will continue updating the information below.
We are currently moving through our phased reopening plan for the Ronald McDonald Family Room at Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center. Families are asked to adhere to specific health and safety protocols during their time at the Family Room.
Additionally, all RMHC of Idaho employees and guest families must be able to answer “NO” to all the following wellness check questions. If they answer yes, they will not enter the facility:
- Do you currently have, or have had in the last 14 days, an elevated temperature of 100.4F or higher, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath or other flu-like symptoms, such as nausea, vomiting or diarrhea?
- Have you been diagnosed with COVID-19 by a medical provider?
- In the past 14 days, have you had close contact with a person who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 by a medical provider? (Close contact is defined as being within 6 feet for 10 minutes or more, or living in the same household.)
- Have you been told by a healthcare provider or public health official that you should self-quarantine due to potential COVID-19 exposure or that you are suspected of having COVID-19?
Please contact Sarah at 208-227-2898 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
The Ronald McDonald Family Room at Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center (EIRMC) is a comfortable and supportive environment for families with ill or injured children. The Family Room provides a place to relax, eat, shower, and sleep for families with sick children, all within the walls of the hospital. We really on support from the community to keep the Family Room going. You can help support this program by making a donation, volunteering, purchasing wish list items, and spreading the word about the impact this has on the community.
How You Can Help
Make a Donation
Your financial support of the Family Room goes a long way to ensure we can meet every family’s needs. Consider making a gift today.
Family Room Wish List
Sign Up to Provide a Meal
Feeding families with sick children at Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center is a huge part of what we do at the Ronald McDonald Family Room. We provide three meals a day to families in the pediatric areas of the hospital. In order to provide these meals, we rely on support from the community.
You can help us ensure families are well fed and supported by sending meals to the Family Room. You can order from local restaurants or even provide gift cards, a great way to support local families. Sign up to provide a meal here.
Please note all volunteer shifts are currently suspended until 6/15/20.
Volunteers are a huge part of keeping the Family Room running and ensuring families are receiving the comfort and support they need. Below is information on how to volunteer at the Family Room:
Our CORE volunteers are individuals who make a long-term commitment to volunteer two to four times a month at a regular shift. CORE volunteers will often work the front desk or come in regularly to bake and/or prepare meals. If you’re interested in becoming a CORE volunteer for the Family Room, please reach out to Sarah Patterson at by email or by calling 208-227-2898.
Food From The Heart:
A home-cooked meal or baked good goes a long way in helping to make the Ronald McDonald Family Room a comfortable place to stay.
For meal preparation or baking groups, please note that all shifts close after one person has signed up for the shift. This ensures that other people outside your group will not sign up for your shift. If you have others joining you, please email Sarah Patterson. She will send you a password to share with your group so they can also sign up for the shift.
It’s easy to sign up for a volunteer shift through our VolunteerLocal online calendar. Simply follow the steps below:
- Submit an online registration form for each person interested in volunteering
- When registering, you can use the same email address for all family members, allowing your accounts to be linked
- After filling out the registration form, you will receive a confirmation email
- Once registered, you can sign up for volunteer shifts through the baking or meal preparation calendar below
- Please email Sarah Patterson with any questions.
Notes of Encouragement