Idaho Ronald McDonald House
Remote Ways to Support Families
Provide Meals for Families
Ensuring families are well fed is a huge part of what we do at the Idaho Ronald McDonald House. In order to provide meals for families at the House, we rely on support from the community.
You can help us feed families by signing up to provide a meal. You can have a meal delivered from a restaurant, drop off food from a grocery deli, or drop off ingredients for a meal that RMHC staff will prepare.
Although our in-person volunteer program is suspended until May 31, 2021, there are still lots of remote ways to support families staying at the House. Click here to sign up for a remote volunteer shift.
- Goody bags – Prepare goody bags for families. Please fill bags with only new and store-bought items. Here are some ideas of what to include:
- Dads: bandana, word search, pen, water bottle
- Moms: lotion, journal, pen, crossword, coffee mug
- Teens: lip balm, craft or activity, water bottle
- Kids: water bottle, colored pencils, coloring book, small game or activity
- Notecards for lunches and snack bags –Make note cards to be included in lunches and snack bags. Please include “Sent with care from the RMHC of Idaho”. Feel free to add art, jokes, or non-religious inspirational quotes. Please keep in mind that quotes should be less “self-help” style and more encouraging/expressing care.
- Sew face masks
- Host a fundraiser for RMHC of Idaho – you can create a Facebook fundraiser or come up with your own creative idea to help raise funds for families
- Wish list – Purchase items from our wish list
- Make a donation to support families here.
Finished items can be sent to or dropped off at:
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Idaho
139 Warm Springs Ave, Boise, ID 83712
Coronavirus and Other Infectious Diseases
Updated May 11, 2021. We are monitoring this situation and will continue updating the information below. Please check back regularly for updates.
Based on current information we have today as it pertains to COVID risks and best practices from state and federal health organizations, and following our operational policy (which aligns us with our partner hospitals processes during a pandemic), in-person volunteer shifts at the House are suspended until further notice. The suspension of in-person volunteer opportunities, including meals, will not be lifted until restrictions are lifted for some of the volunteering and visitation policies at our partner hospitals.
This is disappointing to all of us, as our volunteers are the heart of making our programs work. Below are some other ways you can support families remotely. We will continue to find ways during this strange time to keep you involved and engaged as an active part of the RMHC family.
Registering To Volunteer
Please note all in-person volunteer shifts are suspended through May 31, 2021. You are still welcome to sign up for remote volunteer opportunities through VolunteerLocal.
Volunteers are a crucial part of helping Ronald McDonald House Charities of Idaho keep families together. Every year, volunteers provide over 11,000 hours of service for the House. You can volunteer with your family, co-workers, or friends with most shifts lasting about two hours. As a volunteer, you may choose to prepare a meal, bake treats, tend to the yard, work a fundraising event, or help with projects around the House to keep it clean and comfortable. There is sure to be a project that you will enjoy, plus you’ll be helping us support families with sick children.
It’s easy to sign up for a volunteer shift through our VolunteerLocal online calendar. Simply follow the steps below:
- Submit an online registration form for each person interested in volunteering (volunteers only need to register once)
- **Unsure if you’re already registered or what email address you used? If you think you might have already registered please use this self-check link prior to completing an additional registration. This link will let you know if your email is in our system or not.
- You can also reach out to our Volunteer Coordinator, Stephanie Meredith at email@example.com or 208-336-5478 with any questions about your registration
- When registering, you can use the same email address for all family members, allowing your accounts to be linked
- Once registered, you can sign up for a volunteer shift