Volunteer: Eastern Idaho Family Room
The Ronald McDonald Family Room at Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center is now open and serving families with sick children. Now that the Family Room is serving families, we need volunteers to help keep the space running and ensure families are receiving the comfort and support they need. Below is information on how to volunteer at the Family Room:
Our CORE volunteers are individuals who make a long-term commitment to volunteer two to four times a month at a regular shift. CORE volunteers will often work the front desk or come in regularly to bake and/or prepare meals. If you’re interested in becoming a CORE volunteer for the Family Room, please reach out to our Family Room Coordinator, Sarah Patterson, by email or by calling 208-227-2898.
Food From The Heart:
A home-cooked meal or baked good goes a long way in helping to make the Ronald McDonald Family Room a comfortable place to stay.
For meal preparation or baking groups, please note that all shifts close after one person has signed up for the shift. This ensures that other people outside your group will not sign up for your shift. If you have others joining you, please email Sarah. She will send you a password to share with your group so they can also sign up for the shift.
It’s easy to sign up for a volunteer shift through our VolunteerLocal online calendar. Simply follow the steps below:
- Submit an online registration form for each person interested in volunteering
- When registering, you can use the same email address for all family members, allowing your accounts to be linked
- After filling out the registration form, you will receive a confirmation email
- Once registered, you can sign up for volunteer shifts through the baking or meal preparation calendar below
- Please email Sarah with any questions.