Thank you for your interest in donating recycling items to support Ronald McDonald House Charities of Idaho. The proceeds from your recycling efforts are a wonderful way to help families of sick children. In 2021, supporters collected nearly 14,000 pounds of recycling, which raised $3,320 for RMHC of Idaho.
How It Works
Donating recyclable items is an easy and impactful way to support families with sick kids. Pull tabs can be dropped off or mailed to the Ronald McDonald House (139 E Warm Springs Ave, Boise, ID 83712) or Ronald McDonald Family Room (3200 Channing Way, Ste 106, Idaho Falls, ID 83404). Pull tabs and other recycling items can also be dropped off at one of our partner recycling centers listed below.
- Pull Tabs (for your safety and ours, please do not collect or donate tabs in glass containers)
- Aluminum Cans
- Expired License Plates
- Newspaper (due to limited storage space at the House and Family Room, please take these items straight to a recycling center and ask them to put it on the Ronald McDonald House account)
- Cardboard (due to limited storage space at the House and Family Room, please take these items straight to a recycling center and ask them to put it on the Ronald McDonald House account)
Recycling Basics and Benefits
Recycling is the process of collecting and processing materials that would otherwise be thrown away as trash and turning them into new products. Recycling can benefit your community and the environment.
Benefits of Recycling
- Reduces the amount of waste sent to landfills and incinerators;
- Conserves natural resources such as timber, water, and minerals;
- Prevents pollution by reducing the need to collect new raw materials;
- Saves energy;
- Reduces greenhouse gas emissions that contribute to global climate change;
- Helps sustain the environment for future generations;
- Helps create new well-paying jobs in the recycling and manufacturing industries in the United States.
Partner Recycling Centers
You may also take your recyclables to an area recycler where RMHC of Idaho has an established account. Let them know you are doing this for RMHC of Idaho to be sure we receive credit.
- Boise Area (Ada County):
- Nampa Area (Canyon County):
- Western Recycling, 2520 Sundance Rd., Nampa 83651 (accepts cans, metals, and cardboard)
- Caldwell Area (Canyon County):
- United Metals (only accepts metals), 311 Albany St., Caldwell 83605
- Twin Falls Area (Twin Falls County)
- Pacific Steel and Recycling, 1939 Highland Ave. E., Twin Falls 83303
- Pocatello Area (Bannock County):
- Western Recycling, 3034 Garrett Way, Pocatello 83201
- Idaho Falls Area (Bonneville County):
- Pacific Steel and Recycling, 1155 N Higbee Idaho Falls, ID 83401