The Idaho Ronald McDonald House serves families with a seriously ill or injured child being treated at a Boise area medical facility. Here you will find not only a comfortable place to stay while in the Boise area, but you will find support, care, understanding and compassion from staff, volunteers and other families staying at the House.
To be eligible to stay at the Idaho Ronald McDonald House, families must meet the following criteria:
- Be a parent or legal guardian who has a child 18 years of age or younger receiving treatment at a Boise medical facility
- Reside outside of Ada County, Idaho
- Have a social worker or physician start the referral process to stay
The Idaho Ronald McDonald House is unable to take reservations because we never know how long a child may need to hospitalized. Because of this, when a referral is made by a social worker or physician, families are placed on a “wait list” for the date they are expected to arrive. Once placed on the “wait list” families will need to contact the Idaho Ronald McDonald House the day before they plan to arrive to check room availability.
- We are unable to take reservations because we never know how long a child may need to be hospitalized
- Check-in must be prior to 8:30 pm
- One room per patient with a maximum of 4 adults per room
- No smoking allowed in the House
- Children under 18 must be supervised by their parents at all times
- Families must follow general House rules
- Families must be respectful and tolerant of other families who are equally concerned about the well-being of their own children
- We request $10 per night, however no family is ever turned away if they are unable to pay
For questions about eligibility or the application process, please call the House at 208-336-5478.
Note: Coronavirus and other Infectious Diseases
Updated March 26, 2021. We are monitoring this situation and will continue updating the information below.
We are currently accepting new families at the House, with reduced numbers of available rooms. Families will be asked to adhere to specific health and safety protocols during their stay at the House.
Additionally, all RMHC of Idaho employees and guest families must be able to answer “NO” to all the following wellness check questions. If they answer yes, they will not enter the facility:
- Do you currently have, or have had in the last 10 days, an elevated temperature of 100.4F or higher, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath or other flu-like symptoms, such as nausea, vomiting or diarrhea?
- Have you been diagnosed with COVID-19 by a medical provider?
- In the past 10 days, have you had close contact with a person who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 by a medical provider? (Close contact is defined as being within 6 feet for 10 minutes or more, or living in the same household.)
- Have you been told by a healthcare provider or public health official that you should self-quarantine due to potential COVID-19 exposure or that you are suspected of having COVID-19?
The red doors to the House will be kept locked until further notice. There will be a sign on the door with the House number if people need to call and a cart on the outside of the doors where people can leave donations from 9am – 6pm.
Please contact the House at 208-336-5478 with any questions. Click here for information on our current policies due to Coronavirus concerns.