How To Stay
Note: Coronavirus and other Infectious Diseases
Updated March 20, 2020. We are monitoring this situation and will continue updating the information below.
Starting 3/21/20, we are suspending all referrals to the House program in Boise. This closure will take place for a period no less than 21 days (time frame to be re-evaluated). Although there won’t be any new families at the House, we will be able to accommodate families through partner hotel stays. Please contact the House at 208-336-5478 for more information.
Families currently at the House will remain onsite and will need to follow these guidelines:
- All parents encouraged to limit exposure to external environment, House and Hospital only
- No more than 2 families at a time in any common space
- Families are allowed to take food to their rooms to eat
The red doors to the House will be kept locked until further notice. There will be a sign on the door with the House number if people need to call and a cart on the outside of the doors where people can leave donations from 9am – 6pm.
Please contact the House at 208-336-5478 with any questions.
The Idaho Ronald McDonald House serves families with a seriously ill or injured child being treated at a Boise area medical facility. Here you will find not only a comfortable place to stay while in the Boise area, but you will find support, care, understanding and compassion from staff, volunteers and other families staying at the House.
To be eligible to stay at the Idaho Ronald McDonald House, families must meet the following criteria:
- Be a parent or legal guardian who has a child 18 years of age or younger receiving treatment at a Boise medical facility
- Reside outside of Ada County, Idaho
- Have a social worker or physician start the referral process to stay
The Idaho Ronald McDonald House is unable to take reservations because we never know how long a child may need to hospitalized. Because of this, when a referral is made by a social worker or physician, families are placed on a “wait list” for the date they are expected to arrive. Once placed on the “wait list” families will need to contact the Idaho Ronald McDonald House the day before they plan to arrive to check room availability.
- We are unable to take reservations because we never know how long a child may need to be hospitalized
- Check-in must be prior to 8:30 pm
- One room per patient with a maximum of 4 adults per room
- No smoking allowed in the House
- Children under 18 must be supervised by their parents at all times
- Families must follow general House rules
- Families must be respectful and tolerant of other families who are equally concerned about the well-being of their own children
- We request $10 per night, however no family is ever turned away if they are unable to pay
For questions about eligibility or the application process, please call the House at 208-336-5478.
Ronald McDonald Family Room in Idaho Falls
The Ronald McDonald Family Room at Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center (EIRMC) is currently closed. For families with sick children at EIRMC, please talk with your social worker about meals provided by RMHC of Idaho. Learn more here.