Helping From A Distance
As we continue navigating this time without volunteers, your support of families with sick kids is crucial. There are still so many ways you can help families at the House remotely. Here are just a few:
Provide Meals for Families
Feeding families while they’re staying at the Ronald McDonald House is one of our most impactful volunteer programs. Given our current COVID-19 policies, we are still unable to have volunteers prepare meals in the House. However, there’s still an opportunity for volunteers to help by signing up to provide a meal for families.
You can help us feed families by signing up to provide a meal. Have a meal delivered from a restaurant, drop off food from a grocery deli or drop off ingredients for a meal that RMHC staff will prepare. Plan on providing enough food or ingredients to feed fifteen people. You do not need to plan on providing food based on any food allergies or sensitivities.
When signing up you can indicate which meal you want to provide and what your menu will be.
As we are unable to have volunteers prepare food at the Ronald McDonald House, we did want to remind everyone that food cannot be prepped or prepared at home and donated. All hot food must be prepared in a restaurant or grocery deli and any ingredients donated must be new and unopened.
There are so many ways you can support families at the House remotely. Here are just a few:
- Put together snack bags – decorate and fill with individually wrapped and store bought food items (please no stickers on bags)
- Put together goody bags
- Moms – fuzzy socks, lip balm, lotion, picture frame, journal, etc.
- Dads – journal, key chain, lip balm, crossword puzzle, etc.
- Kids – small activity, candy, activity/coloring book, etc.
- Put together stay healthy kits – use a Ziploc bag and include a face mask, hand sanitizer, tissues, wet wipes, etc.
- Sew face masks
- Host a fundraiser for RMHC of Idaho – you can create a Facebook fundraiser or come up with your own creative idea to help raise funds for families
- Purchase items from our wish list
- Make handmade cards (include envelope) – thank you cards, happy birthday cards, blank cards, etc.
Finished items can be sent to or dropped off at:
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Idaho
139 Warm Springs Ave, Boise, ID 83712
Questions? Reach out to Micaela at 208-336-5478 or email@example.com.