Helping From A Distance
As we continue navigating this time without volunteers, your support of families with sick kids is crucial. There are still so many ways you can help families at the House and Family Room remotely. Here are just a few:
Provide Meals for Families
Feeding families while they’re staying at the Ronald McDonald House and Ronald McDonald Family Room is one of our most impactful volunteer programs. Given our current COVID-19 policies, we are still unable to have volunteers prepare meals. However, there’s still an opportunity for volunteers to help by signing up to provide a meal for families.
You can help us feed families by signing up to provide a meal at the House or Family Room. Have a meal delivered from a restaurant, drop off food from a grocery deli or drop off ingredients for a meal that RMHC staff will prepare. Plan on providing enough food or ingredients to feed 10-15 people. You do not need to plan on providing food based on any food allergies or sensitivities.
Provide a Meal for Families at the Ronald McDonald Family Room (Idaho Falls, ID)
When signing up you can indicate which meal you want to provide and what your menu will be. As we are unable to have volunteers prepare food at the House and Family Room, we did want to remind everyone that food cannot be prepped or prepared at home and donated. All hot food must be prepared in a restaurant or grocery deli and any ingredients donated must be new and unopened.
There are so many ways you can support families remotely. Here are just a few:
- Put together goody bags – Prepare goody bags for families. Please fill bags with only new and store-bought items. Here are some ideas of what to include:
- Dads: bandana, word search, pen, water bottle
- Moms: lotion, journal, pen, crossword, coffee mug
- Teens: lip balm, craft or activity, water bottle
- Kids: water bottle, colored pencils, coloring book, small game or activity
- Write notecards for lunches and snack bags – include jokes, art, inspirational quotes, and the following:
- “Delivered with care from RMHC of Idaho”
- Sew face masks
- Host a fundraiser for RMHC of Idaho – you can create a Facebook fundraiser or come up with your own creative idea to help raise funds for families
- Wish list – Purchase items from our wish list
Finished items for the House can be shipped to or dropped off at:
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Idaho
139 Warm Springs Ave, Boise, ID 83712
Questions? Reach out to Micaela at 208-336-5478 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Finished items for the Family Room can be shipped to or dropped off at:
Ronald McDonald Family Room
3200 Channing Way Ave, Ste. 106, Idaho Falls, ID 83404
Questions? Reach out to Nari at 208-227-2898 or email@example.com.