Updated June 14, 2021. We are monitoring this situation and will continue updating the information below. Please check back regularly for updates.
As with all infectious diseases, RMHC of Idaho strives to provide an environment for our families that limits potential exposure. The parents and children who use the Idaho Ronald McDonald House and Ronald McDonald Family Room have medical conditions that make them vulnerable to infections.
We have worked with multiple resources to develop an extensive phased reopening plan for the House and Family Room. We are currently moving through this phased plan, which aligns closely with the plans of our partner hospitals.
We are currently in the process of phasing in our CORE volunteers. Our CORE volunteers are individuals who’ve completed a background check and make a long-term commitment to volunteer two to four times a month on a regular shift. At this time, we are only allowing individuals who were CORE volunteers prior to February 2020.
CORE volunteers are returning on a rolling basis starting June 15, 2021. For any questions regarding protocols, processes, and scheduling for CORE volunteers at the House, reach out to Stephanie Meredith at 208-609-3372 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For any questions regarding protocols, processes, and scheduling for CORE volunteers at the Family Room, reach out to Nari Mendenhall at 208-227-2898 or email@example.com.
Other Volunteer Opportunities
The following volunteer opportunities are suspended until September 6, 2021:
- Community volunteers (non-CORE volunteers)
- Any volunteers 14 years or younger
- Large volunteer groups
- Meal volunteers
- New volunteers
Although many of our volunteer opportunities are still suspended, we have a lot of remote ways you can help families:
- Making a donation, helping to support families when they need it most.
- Signing up for remote volunteer opportunities at the House in Boise. Click here to sign up.
- Signing up for remote volunteer opportunities at the Family Room in Idaho Falls. Click here to sign up.
- Signing up to provide a meal at the Ronald McDonald House in Boise. Click here to sign up.
- Signing up to provide a meal at the Family Room in Idaho Falls. Click here to sign up.
- Purchasing items from our wish list.
- Donating gifts cards to Boise or Idaho Falls restaurants so we can order meals for families (Browse through Boise restaurants here and Idaho Falls restaurants here)
For more ideas on how to help, click here.
The red doors to the House will be kept locked until further notice. There will be a sign on the door with the House number if people need to call and a cart on the outside of the doors where people can leave donations from 9 am – 6 pm. Donations for the Family Room can be dropped off between 9:15 am and 8 pm.
The Ronald McDonald Family Room is currently open to families and we are currently accepting new families at the House, with reduced numbers of available rooms. Families will be asked to adhere to specific health and safety protocols during their stay at the House and Family Room.
Additionally, all RMHC of Idaho employees and guest families must be able to answer “NO” to all the following wellness check questions. If they answer yes, they will not enter the facility:
· Do you currently have, or have had in the last 14 days, an elevated temperature of 100.3F or higher, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath or other flu-like symptoms, such as nausea, vomiting or diarrhea?
· Have you been diagnosed or are awaiting test results for COVID-19?
· In the past 14 days, have you had close contact with a person who has been diagnosed with COVID-19? If yes, have you been vaccinated or had COVID 19 in the past three months, recovered, and remained without symptoms?
Please contact the House at 208-336-5478 or Family Room at 208-227-2898 with any questions.
Tours of the House and Family Room
All community and volunteer tours/training have been suspended until further notice. Click here for a self-guided virtual tour of the House and Family Room!
Happy Wheels Hospitality Carts
The Happy Wheels Hospitality Carts at Saint Alphonsus Boise, St. Luke’s Boise and St. Luke’s Magic Valley are temporarily suspended until further notice.
Find local information on coronavirus here.
For more information on vaccines, resources, and other guidance, visit the CDC website.
Please contact the House at 208-336-5478 or the Family Room at 208-227-2898 with any questions.
Help Us Continue Supporting Families
In addition to serving families at the House and Family Room, we’ve been able to:
- Provide 279 hotel nights for 61 families
- Provide 9,948 meals to families at Saint Alphonsus, St. Luke’s Children’s Hospital, and Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center
- Provide 2,810 snack bags to families at Saint Alphonsus and St. Luke’s Children’s Hospital
Here are some other great ways to support families:
- Making a donation, which will support families in the coming months.
- Sign up to provide a meal at the Ronald McDonald House in Boise. Click here to sign up.
- Sign up to provide a meal at the Family Room in Idaho Falls. Click here to sign up.
- Purchase items from our wish list.
Idaho Ronald McDonald House hours are now 9am – 6pm. All donations for the House can be dropped off at the cart in front of the red doors (139 Warm Springs Ave, Boise, ID 83712).
Family Room hours are currently 9 a.m. – 9 p.m. Donations can also be dropped off at the Family Room (3200 Channing Way, Ste 106, Idaho Falls, ID 83404).